Our experience with Robert and the Bluewater team is superior. We had them install a reverse...
Whole Store Solutions
Nimbus’ line of Automatic Softeners installed immediately after your water meter will:
- Eliminate spotting in dish washers without chemicals
- Reduce your carbon footprint
- Significantly reduce operating costs in any market with even moderately hard water
- Flow rates of up to 2,200 liters per minute are available with standard systems. Larger systems can be built to meet any required flow rates.
Especially in areas where the level of hardness is 5 grains per gallon or higher, a water softener installed at the Point of Entry (POE) is the most dramatic and cost effective addition to a supermarket.
A softener will:
- Assist with Food Safety. For example:
- Scale build-up in proofing ovens (and any other warm moist surfaces) provides a welcoming host for bacteria.
- Eliminates need for harsh chemicals used to remove scale build-up on display counters and appliances. Several incidents of chemical contamination have been tied to cleaning agents.
- Cut down on maintenance. For example:
- Scale doesn’t build up on the mirrors of produce display cases.
- Scale doesn’t build up on racks and interior surfaces of proofing ovens and humidified ovens.
- Gas, instantaneous water heaters have to be cleaned after the efficiency falls.
- Spray nozzles with hard water have to be regularly taken apart and cleaned.
- Rust is removed by the softener and doesn’t stain fixtures.
- Reduce the carbon footprint significantly. This will vary somewhat, depending on the local level of hardness and the equipment in the store. One example is a 14.4% reduction in the footprint of gas, storage type water heaters using softened water as compared to hard water.
- Save money. For example:
- The Battelle Study found that a 50% dose of detergent in 60° F softened water was more effective than a 100% dose in 100° hard water.
- Extends the life of appliances and assists with warranty claims.
- Saves energy. For example:
- Even after descaling, an 80% efficiency instantaneous gas water heater doesn’t return to 80% efficiency.
- Water for cleaning doesn’t have to be heated as hot to achieve the same level of effectiveness.
Some of the chains that are considered the most sophisticated and effective at reducing costs have found a measureable benefit in having a centralized reverse osmosis system feeding key functions in their stores.
A Nimbus Reverse Osmosis system supplying all of the high quality/lower consumption functions in a Supermarket or Restaurant will:
- Improve quality of all prepared foods with water as an ingredient.
- Reduce maintenance and improve efficiency of equipment such as combi-ovens, ice makers, proofing ovens, ovens, humidified display counters and coffee and espresso makers.
- Protect the integrity of organic produce by eliminating chlorine from the misters.
- Improve taste and sometimes reduce the amount of syrup needed in fountain pop systems.
- In Scratch Bakeries, demineralized water produces a better product and yeast works more effectively.
- In Produce Misters and Humidified Display Counters, the amount of water used could be dramatically reduced and produce absorbs the water much better.
- Produce Misters
- Humidified Display Counters, Proofers and ovens
- Ingredient water in Scratch Bakeries, reconstituted soups, etc.
- Floral Departments for cut flowers.
- Combi-ovens & Ice Makers. One caveat here is that some appliances use a conductivity probe to control the water level. With these stores, a calcite feeder is used to elevate the level of dissolved solids in the water very slightly so that the probe can function effectively.
In stores and restaurants with aesthetic concerns such as excessive sediment or even safety concerns in stores using well water that may be at risk of water borne hazards such as giardia, cryptosporidium and virus, Nimbus Whole Store filters will:
- Protect your consumers
- Bring you into compliance with health authorities
In some supermarkets, a Point of Entry filtration system can be a benefit. Reasons for considering a POE filtration system include: .
- Stores in some areas experience such extreme levels of chlorine that the water smells. Municipal water is monitored so that levels of chlorine should never rise to a level where the chlorine presents a health risk but it does sometimes reach levels that staff and consumers find aesthetically unpleasant.
- Other factors can sometimes result in unpleasant odours and serious staining.
- Stores in some areas have experienced excessive amounts of sediment coming into the store from the municipal supply.
- Some stores experience extended boil order incidents. Depending on the reason, a point of entry filtration system, possibly combined with an ultra violet system, may mitigate those circumstances.
Ultra Violet Sterilization
Nimbus has a full range of certified solutions to meet any requirement to safeguard your consumers.
For the ultimate protection, Nimbus has a full range of certified solutions to remove contaminants and sterilize water.